Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another day...

Well, the white coat ceremony was on Sunday - it went well enough. We all went out to lunch afterward. Very little to say about it, except that I am glad they did not make it longer than they had to. The pictures are up on facebook, for those of you I permit to see my profile stuff. Interesting little tidbit though - being a Jewish sponsored school, the rabbi did a talk at the very beginning and blew a shofar, or ram's horn instrument used for Jewish services. I've been steadily working through our class objectives - have to get through them all by Monday, as that is when our first major exams are - the midblock exams.

We also just started learning some actual OMM techniques in lab - this week we are focusing on soft-tissue techniques. I need to practice on my family a bit before Monday, I think we have a practical portion of the exam. The details about what is being tested is a little hazy. Also, today was Club Day, and there was a blood donation bus, so I donated and checked out what clubs there are on campus. I joined Internal Medicine, Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California, the CMA/SCMA (free, otherwise I wouldn't have), and Undergraduate Osteopathic Student Association of some kind - I don't remember exactly the abbreviation. I was considering SOMA, but it's a bit pricey compared to the others. All in all, it was nice to hang around and see what clubs there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment