Friday, December 25, 2009

Tis the Season!

Christmas/Yule/Winter Solstice/etc. is here, and I am quite happy with the spoils. Relevant items include a 6 foot by 4 foot whiteboard, with which I can write all the drugs, pathways, etc. that I need to know. I also got a leather executive-style black chair to sit in - a huge improvement over my old chair - a lightweight thin wooden plank-type chair that would fall over every time I stood to go somewhere. Also, I bought myself a new mechanical pencil, a brand new five-star college-ruled perforated page notebook, and I have my highlighter, computer, and USMLE Step 1 prep book ready.

In other news, I got a new portable hard drive which trumps my other two in several ways. My first external hard drive was a portable 50 GB drive with two USB connections, one for power and the other for transferring data. This has worked out well as a storage for documents, pictures, etc. My next external hard drive was a 500 GB LaCie model, with a large external casing, a single USB connection, and a wall socket power cord. This third one has a capacity of 1 TB (1000 GB), it has a single USB connection, a soft case, and is less bulky than both of the others. All in all, I am tempted to scratch my old ones and just use this one, but I think I'll keep the others as backup devices. Why have one when you can have three, after all? I definitely need the space, even for medical school data. All together, the first semester at Touro University has yielded 4 GB of powerpoints, videos, documents, PDFs, pictures, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment