Thursday, December 24, 2009

I Must Be Crazy

Just got back from Tahoe, had a wonderful time of course. It was nice being away from the grind of studying medicine, but all the same I found myself missing Principles of Internal Medicine, especially while watching Outbreak. Infectious disease is one of my biggest interests, and I felt so bad watching that small town doctor flipping desperately through his medical books trying to understand why everyone in town is becoming ill. I definitely do not want that to be me. I do not want to miss something vital, I know I inevitably will, but I definitely do not look forward to it.

Anyway, now that I am back I feel the urge to read through Principles and work on studying for the USMLE. This is as good a time as any to start reviewing. Less to learn later. Just reviewing everything we have already covered, and trying to fill in the gaps. One thing about osteopathic schools, which is a tad unfortunate, is we do not get quite the detail on genetics and pharmacology of allopathic schools. Luckily for me, I like genetics and pharmacology stuff, as well as microbiology, which I think is also treated a bit more lightly. Anyway, back to the unnecessary studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment