Monday, February 23, 2009

The Latest News

Well, I have my news from Western University - I'm on the alternate list. From what I have heard from students, a lot of people are taken off the alternate list. However, in the meantime, I need to find ways to beef up my application. I am going to submit a letter re-emphasizing my interest in the school, and hopefully I will be able to tell them I am doing insect research (still pending). I may be able to obtain another letter of recommendation, but it is not too likely. There should be some wait list movement around March 20th, because people will need to make their second deposit of 1,000 dollars by then, and one of the last interview day decisions is made on March 19th. I will make a separate post about wait list limbo after I have further researched my plan of action.

Now, I need to fax in my deposit for Touro-CA tomorrow, and wait until I receive my official alternate list offer in the mail. I hope I do not have to put down a deposit to stay on the alternate list. Luckily I have many contacts for information, advice, etc - a Pre-Med adviser, a current Western U student, and a doctor mock-interviewer with experience on admissions boards. I wish I didn't have to lose $2,000 but that's the way the cookie crumbles, as they say. At least I have been accepted to a California school in a familiar area.

No comments:

Post a Comment