Saturday, June 7, 2014

A couple weeks from being a senior resident!

It has been a long time since I posted, things have been busy.  I guess the big updates include... being advanced to second year, getting through nearly all of first year with essentially flying colors and strong recommendations within my program, passing COMLEX Step 3 with a better score than Steps 1 and 2, and making a few new friendships.  Made it also through my first year of marriage, and couldn't be happier.  I guess I don't know what else to say - I've heard from some people that some of my patients have been recommending me, or at least saying good things about me to other people in the community, which is about as unbiased an opinion as you can get.  

What's on the horizon...I get to be a senior resident, and I'm on the internal medicine service first, so I'm trying to mentally prepare for the task of being the first to manage the completely green interns.  The two I am with I feel optimistic about, but we will see what skills, expectations, and experiences they come in with and go from there.  I've got a bunch of handouts and things to talk about planned, without overloading them I'm hoping, so should be interesting.  I am looking forward to my vacation in September, which will be a more official 1 year wedding anniversary celebration, since there aren't any good times in the next couple weeks to celebrate...  

Anyhow, I am still alive, I'm feeling more confident in my skills and knowledge, and looking forward to as well as feeling anxious about the coming year.  Soon I'll have my DEA number assigned and have more autonomy, too!  Speaking of which...I need to start the paperwork for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment