Tuesday, August 7, 2012

USMLE Step 2

It has been a while since my last post.  I've been busy studying.  Questions every day and whatnot.  Instead of Neurology, there was a scheduling conflict and I got switched to another Radiologist.  Luckily, this guy has a lot more to see during the day than the first guy, so I got a lot of experience seeing different plain films, CTs, MRIs, ultrasounds, etc.  Some of it will hopefully help on the exam tomorrow.  After this week I head on to ICU, which will likely be intense, have long hours, and be rather stressful.  Probably will have some weekend call days.  

After tomorrow's exam, there won't be any more standardized future-of-medical-career exams until Step 3, which will probably be after I get into a residency program.  In the meantime, I have to work on my application to residency - write some personal statements, research programs, etc.  It will be stress of a different nature.  We move to Davis in September, and then near the end of September I start the Sub-Internship at my number one potential spot for residency, so hopefully that will go well...   Yet more stressful stuff to worry about.

Tonight hopefully I can put most of that out of my head and try to relax a little bit.  After tomorrow, no more endless practice questions for a while.  Oh yeah, my 6-year anniversary of having been dating my fiance is tomorrow as well, and I should also be getting my COMLEX Step 2 written exam score back as well.  We aren't celebrating our anniversary until Friday, but either way, lots of stuff going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment