Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby steps

I must admit, I am a bit of a procrastinator. Not just with studying, but with everything, including financial aid and certification deadlines. Each time that I nearly do not make a deadline is a lesson, and usually I learn. I think I am slowest with snail mail correspondences. I finally mailed the financial aid award letter back to Touro, indicating that I accepted the $8,500 federal subsidized and $32,000 federal unsubsidized Stafford loans. Based on my calculations and some estimates from Touro, I will need about $13,500 more from a private loan to cover personal expenses, equipment and texts, plane flights for Kit, car maintenance and gas, health insurance, etc. It may be more than I need, but I'd rather have extra than not enough. I need to call Wells Fargo tomorrow and see how to go about dealing with them, since I don't know what information they want from me and I don't think I am supposed to fill out an entirely new loan application (at least not for the Stafford stuff) - just sign the Master Promissory Notice. I also need to call a doctor within my PPO to get a physical for school. Joy.

Now, I need to decide how to best spend my time, as I am starting to feel a bit listless with so little to do. I could work on my book list, keep collecting insects, computer games, cook new things...I have writer's block so that is frustrating. In two weeks I will be going to Monterey with the family for a week, then I will be going back for the 4th of July, and then at the end of July I move back home. I kind of wish I weren't going back for the 4th, since it's a whole week that I could be spending with Kit AND working, and I'll be living with the family for the next four years... The 4th wasn't my idea. At least I'll have summers - it'd be nice to leave home next summer and spend the months with Kit. Such a long road...but it'll be worth it (my new mantra).

No comments:

Post a Comment