Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nose Deep in Clinically Oriented Anatomy

One of our largest, densest texts is Clinically Oriented Anatomy, which our anatomy professor, during his very informal first class, told us we didn't really need to read in much depth. I think that was very misleading (he just wants us to read the easier beginning anatomy text he wrote himself). Also, they put up a lecture powerpoint for the anatomy lab, and even have a section on the schedule which logically is the lecture for the lab, but apparently we are not being lectured on the anatomy lab lecture powerpoints, so we have to go over them in depth beforehand by ourselves if we want to know what's going on in lab. I also know I wasn't the only one - no one else in my group knew what to do either. I don't think they were very clear with us about that, so I feel a little betrayed, but what can I do.

...except go into insane overdrive. Now I'm taking it upon myself to learn all human anatomy without the aid of lectures. Since we're also starting embryology and histology next week, I feel a pressing need to memorize the anatomy stuff before we start those subjects. I wish I had taken physiology or embryology as an undergrad - it would have made things easier for me now, and probably next week. I also dropped my phone in the toilet recently, so I went to Verizon and got a new phone - a PDA since there are some medical apps which are apparently crucial during rotations 3rd year. I ended up getting the Blackberry Storm - 8gb, all touch. I can't stand those little roller balls on the traditional Blackberries. Anyway...back to COA.

No comments:

Post a Comment